Area Rug Cleaning
In-Plant Rug Cleaning is recommended for most rugs larger than 3×4. They should not be cleaned on location like wall to wall carpet. Idaho Carpet Care cares for the finest to the most basic rugs from around the world. We will pick your rug up and bring it to our special cleaning plant where it will receive our very thorough Nine Step Cleaning System to get maximum soil and spot removal. Having your rug cleaned in our plant (Pocatello or Idaho Falls) allows us to give it several treatments for a more thorough cleaning, and the use of various tools that are not available on location.
Drop off your area rugs!
Pick up service also available.
M-F 9am – 5pm
Sat: By Appointment
- Pre-Inspection and Pick Up – We will determine as much as we possibly can about the type of rug and inherent qualities that may affect your rug cleaning. We will outline the expected results and cleaning “prescription”. Our company will come to your home to pick up your rug, or you may drop it by our shop.
- Dry Soil Removal – Woven rugs, especially hand knotted rugs are designed to hide dry soil. A few years ago, the Eureka company did a study on rug cleaning and found that a 9 x 12 could hide 87 pounds of dirt! WOW! We use a variety of techniques to “dust” the rugs from the front and back. A machine called a pile lifter, special vacuum attachments and many other methods are implemented. This is the most important step in cleaning any textile.
- Pre-Condition – Depending on fiber content and soiling type, the rug will be pre-treated to emulsify the soils.
- Spot and Fringe Preparation – Any potentially difficult spots will be pre-treated with special solutions to increase chances of removal. The fringe is also pre-treated for maximum soil removal.
- Shampoo – Depending on fiber content and soiling type, the rug will be pre-treated to emulsify the soils. Most rugs are cleaned with a Rug Shampoo that is especially designed to get maximum cleaning while protecting sensitive natural fibers.
- Rinse or Wash – Depending on the type of rug it will be rinsed with extraction equipment on both sides or washed in a wash pit designed especially for Oriental Rugs.
- Speed Dry – Once the soil is rinsed away, the rug is dried flat or hung to dry in a controlled environment. Proper drying is essential to avoid unnatural shrinkage.
- Finishing – When the rug is dry, it is combed and finished with soft groomers made for specialty rugs.
- Post Inspection and Delivery – Our cleaning specialist will give the rug a final inspection and release it for delivery.
Each rug will be priced differently depending on size, fiber make up, etc.